Hotels for children. Country houses, hotels, accommodations and apartments to visit with children and family! Are you looking for Hotels, Country houses, chalets, lodgings or apartments to go with family? Rusticae has selected the best prices for familys accomodations
Solar Egas Moniz is a late 19th century bourgeois house in the parish of Paço de Sousa, only 30 minutes away from the city of Porto, which has been restored...Show hotel in map More information
Come and immerse yourself in Castilla’s unspoilt nature in El Escondite de Pedro Malillo. It is a 4-bedroom holiday home surrounded by oaks, meadows...Show hotel in map More information
We want to help you as you prepare your next getaway with your family and begin hotel bookings process. Take a look at our lodging selection for families with children. You have many hotels, full-rental houses and apartments to choose from that guarantee a fun-filled, yet relaxing, family vacation.
The golden rules for traveling with kids:
We love our charming hotels for taking a romantic break with our significant other, but we also love traveling with our kids, showing them our favorite places, seeing the world through their little eyes and living new experiences together as a family. So we have provided you with some tricks for making your vacation easier once you’ve booked your hotel:
1. Plan your trip together
Plan your trip together with your children. The trip must be as important for them as it is for you. When you start to think about a vacation or a weekend getaway, ask them to participate. Tell them where you are going, look for information on the internet together, select what you are going to see, where you are going to stay in order to make hotel reservations, how you are going to move around the area and how long you will stay…
2. Goal: bring only what is essential, not the whole house!
One of the main issues when traveling with kids is packing. Here are some tricks: Don’t pack too many clothes. Take only what you really need, especially if it is only for a weekend. Have a look at the weather at your destination to choose appropriate clothing. Also, optimize the space in your suitcase by choosing shoes that are versatile, packing lightweight clothing that dries quickly, in case it will need to be washed.
- Ask the hotel if it can provide accessories for the children, such as cradles,, small bathtubs and strollers. If you can, use amenities provided by the hotel to avoid carrying heavy toiletries. In this way, you will save valuable suitcase space. Don’t forget to check if the hotel has movies, a play center or even children workshops or special leisure activities for them.
- Limit the technological devices. Fortunately, nowadays mobile phones have everything we need when we are traveling: a camera, internet, apps for children... You no longer need to pack so multiple devices.
3. In the car: Mum, are we there yet?
- Traveling with kids can, of course, be stressful at times. This is especially true if the traveling includes a long road trip. Embark on your trip at a time of day when the kids are usually tired, such as just before their naptime. In this way, they will sleep for a part of it, making things easier for the driver.
- Bring along movies for them to watch in the car, or even better: tell them to choose the ones they want.
- Be creative and think about songs and games you can sing and play in the car. Be careful with game consoles and other toys- children can get dizzy. Some advice: bring disposable motion-sickness bags, just in case!
4. You arrive at your destination. It’s vacation time!
- We know how important it is for parents to have everything under control. For many of our hotels, we provide you with information regarding the distance between the hotel and places such as hospitals, medical clinics and supermarkets...
- If your kids are very lively, it’s a good idea to write your mobile phone number on their arms, or have them wear bracelets with your contact information. Another way is to teach them a whistle in case they need to call for attention.
- “I'm bored!” Always bring pencils and a notebook in your bag. These are great for when the kids start to get bored. The little ones can draw, and the bigger ones can write about their trip, say what they like and what they don’t like. When the trip is over, you can add pictures and it will be a wonderful souvenir.
Try all these tricks for your next getaway, and see how traveling with the family can be a real pleasure.